- The following terms and conditions (“booking conditions”) form the basis of your contract with “Open Skies Travel & Tourism”. Please read them carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. By asking us to confirm your booking, we are entitled to assume that you have had the opportunity to read and have read these terms and conditions and agree to them.
- All references in these booking conditions to “holiday”, “booking”, “contract”, “package”, “tour” or “arrangements” mean such holiday arrangements unless otherwise stated.
- In these booking conditions, “you” and “your” means all persons named on the booking (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date) or any of them, as the context requires and “lead name” means the person who makes the booking. “We”, “us” and “our” means “Open Skies Travel & Tourism”.
1. Before you book:
1.1 Single Bookings: When you decide to confirm your holiday with us, please ensure that you cancel any other flights which may have been held for the same dates/airlines, by other Tour Operators/Travel Agents. Failure to do so, may result in the airline subsequently cancelling the flights we have booked, and additional costs being incurred to re-book.
1.2 Hotel Grades: Most hotels have official star ratings locally, in some cases these cannot always be relied on. We have categorized all hotels throughout our brochures and online to give a general guide. Standards can however vary between hotels of the same class, in different countries, and even in the same country.
1.3 Room Type:
- If a single person occupies a double room they will usually be asked to pay extra (a single supplement). Hotels price their rooms, as doubles or family rooms and they do not reduce the rates if it is occupied by a single person.
- Hotel design may mean that single rooms are smaller and sometimes less well appointed. While there is normally a supplement for these rooms, the overall cost will usually be less than when a single person occupies a double room.
- Accommodation in all hotels, regardless of the rating, is in standard rooms (sometimes named superior/deluxe) based on twins or doubles unless otherwise stated.
- A third or fourth person sharing a room either shares existing beds or has an extra bed (which may be of camp-bed style) placed in a double/twin room.
1.4 Child accommodation: Where we offer ‘free child accommodation stays’ at many of our hotels, these are generally based on sharing existing beds in the room. If you require a separate bed, you must advise us at the time of booking, as there may well be a charge added to your booking, or this charge may be payable locally.
1.5 Early Check In Or Late Check Out: Mostly hotel rooms will be available 2pm, and are to be vacated at 12pm, irrespective of your arrival or departure times, unless we have stated otherwise. Should you wish your room to be ready prior to noon on your day of arrival or available after 12 pm for an afternoon or evening departure, it is possible to reserve the room at the time of booking at a cost no greater than the extra night price.
1.6 Activities or Adventures: Activities or adventures which form part of your package, such as diving or paragliding, may require you to be in good physical and mental health. By booking with us you confirm that you and your party are in good health and have no medical history that would make it dangerous for you to participate. You must observe safety instructions at all times. We will only accept responsibility for these activities in accordance with these booking conditions. Please note that they may be subject to minimum numbers and could be cancelled at short notice. In such circumstance, you will receive a full refund of money paid for the excursion or activity in question.
1.7 Hotel overbooking: Overbooking is a situation when the total number of rooms reserved for a certain period of time exceeds the total number of rooms available for sale for the same period due to rarely cases such as guest’ stay extension, various selling platforms, etc.. Unfortunately, we have no control over these circumstances and understand that it can cause extreme grief, especially in situations where you are set on a specific hotel or are split from your travel partners. In these cases, “Open Skies Travel & Tourism” must offer an alternative stay at a hotel with equal or greater value – this usually means somewhere with the same star rating, in a similar location, and offering similar services.
1.8 Meals or Minibar:
- Generally all our room’s minibar or meals are Alcohol-Free, and in such case the hotel doesn’t empty the Alcohols, it still their responsibility to do it at your check-in.
- Holidays which include main meals generally commence with dinner on the day of arrival at your hotel and terminate with breakfast (on half board) or lunch (on full board) on the day of departure.
- All Inclusive does not necessarily mean that unlimited food and beverages are available 24-hours a day and it is uncommon for minibars to be included in such packages.
1.9 Flight & Airline:
- Seat Requests: We strongly recommend that you check in early if you have particular seat requests. “Open Skies Travel & Tourism” has no control over the allocation of seats by the airline and even if a request has been made with the airline to pre-book seats, no guarantee can be made that they will still be available on departure.
- Flight Timing: are outside our control. They are set by airlines and are subject to various factors including air traffic control restrictions, weather conditions, potential technical problems and the ability of passengers to check in on time.
- Airlines occasionally may change the type of aircraft used on a particular flight without advance warning. Scheduled and charter flight timings, and days of operation are subject to change. We will advise you of any significant changes. Should the changes involve a reduction in the duration of your holiday, we will offer you a refund of any applicable costs.
- Any change in the identity of the airline, flight timings and/or aircraft type (if advised) will not entitle you to cancel or change to other arrangements without paying our normal charges except where specified in these conditions.
- Direct Flights: A flight that is described as direct is one where there is no need to change aircraft during the journey. However stops may be made en route for refueling or to let passengers on and/ or off.
- Operated Flight: It is a common practice for scheduled airlines to use an operated flight, which means you flying with a partner airline. Where this situation arises, it is not classed as a major change.
- Charter Flights: We provide these to destinations where there are usually no direct scheduled flights, and/or insufficient capacity on these services to meet demand. A charter flight is usually the cheapest and quickest way of reaching the particular destination. However, it should be noted that meals & leg room are slightly less than on some scheduled flights.
1.10 Travel Documents: Be careful to all necessary visas or documents needed before your travel.
2. Change or Cancellation of Holiday:
- If you or anyone on your holiday booking decides to cancel the holiday, the lead name must notify us of the decision as soon as possible.
- Any notification by telephone must also be confirmed in writing or by e-mail within 24-hours by the lead name.
- Cancellation will take effect from the day we have received the writing notification.
- The following scale of charges will be payable depending on when the notification of cancellation is received.
Period Prior To Departure
|Prior To 51 Days|
|50 – 31 Days|
|30 – 21 Days|
|20 – 8 Days|
|7 Days Or Less|
Cancellation Charge Per Person
|Loss Of (At Least 100$)|
|50% Of Total Holiday Cost|
|60% Of Total Holiday Cost|
|75% Of Total Holiday Cost|
|100% Of Total Holiday Cost|
- Insurance premiums and amendment charges are not refundable in the event of cancellation.
- In certain cases the airline may have applied certain ticketing deadlines to your booking and this may result in higher cancellation charges.
- This also applies to certain hotels, who may often charge a higher cancellation fee regardless of the above-mentioned time frames, and you may therefore be charged a higher amount than detailed above.
- It is therefore important to inquire for details at the time of booking and cancellation.
- We would strongly recommend that you take out appropriate travel insurance which provides cover against loss of deposit or cancellation fees.